Sunday, October 27, 2013

Amos Patton: The Man Accused in the Millington Naval Base Shooting


The shooting took place on Thursday, October 24, at 12:47 pm, at the Army National Recruiting Center on Attu Street in Millington, Tennessee. The accused, Patton, had reportedly just been released of his duties, after a complaint was filed against him, by a woman whom he had been seeing, had decided to break things off, and Patton wasn't too fond of her decision, thus resulting in the complaint being filed, and evidently resulting in Patton being fired.
" The complaint filed in US District Court this morning said Patton was asked to come to the Tennessee Army National Guard Recruiting Center Thursday and was “notified that he was being relieved of duty, recommended for reduction in rank and recommended for separation from the active guard reserve because of misconduct.” Courtesy of WREG 3 News
http://wreg.com/2013/10/25/man-charged-with-shooting-at-tn-national-guard-in-millington/
 The shooting at the naval base left the residents of Millington shaken; making them question whether they  should feel safe in the own neighborhood. Lots question how he could've possibly regain access back to the naval base after being relinquished of his duties.
I believe this entire situation could have been avoided but review said complaint with both parties present, but then again reports have surfaced with Patton having been in trouble previously, so maybe the action of releasing him may have been the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I was just about to do that one! I like the way that you set up your post though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking I need to hurry up and do it because I know someone else was going to do it.

      Delete